Blogbanner1

January 11, 2014

My review of Bigfoot Bounty 1st Episode.


Wow, has the reaction to this show been something else or what? Loren Coleman even took me to task for posting the various comments I read on social media. 

Hey, you know your something - when Loren Coleman takes time out of his busy day to try and trash your name. Although he did say he does "respect me".

That may be past tense now?

Personally, I think all opinions are important and I am not going to apologize for making the opinions of everyone heard. They have the right to say what they think about a Television show. Since when are reviews taboo? 

I respect Loren Coleman and I respect his opinion. But, his is not the only one, that matters. There are many people in this community (and outside it) that thought this show was simply ridiculous. 

While I posted some of the early comments and reviews, I watched the show at 2:30 a.m. (I got that sliver out) and decided to watch it - I DVR'd it. I wish I had simply listened to the reviews and gone to bed. Those who took to social media to express their outrage, or gratitude, for not being selected were SPOT ON. 

In the interest of full disclosure. I was contacted NUMEROUS times by the good folks casting for this show. I did not apply, I did not interview, in fact I asked them to stop emailing me. I was not and am not interested. I thought I should make that known since some of the participants are saying that those of us who don't like it, don't like it, simply because we are jealous we were not selected. THAT couldn't be further from the truth. 

What are my thoughts? 

Ridiculous. I understand this is a TV show. I get it. Heck, I would probably call it more of a game show if you want the truth. 

First of all let it be known: Bigfoot Researchers do not go out in the woods and rub themselves down with poop of any kind, nor do we eat it!!! I know what the participant was getting at but the "old time hunters" never took more than an extremely small piece, placed it on the tip of their tongues, then spit it back out. But this participant looked like he was having lunch. 

People at home. Do not try this. You may end up in the emergency room. 

Feral Human DNA..... This is news that everyone, in this community, should be up in arms over. I myself have called for calm when it came to Justin's sighting. But this... Wow. Unless I missed an information release, those DNA tests, of 4 tests, 3 came back bear and 1 came back Bigfoot (Melba Ketchum study). Todd Disotell was right to call him out on this. There is NO DNA test designed to find "feral human" as a result. I'm surprised Todd didn't call you out on the bear results. 

Rictor; you didn't do a bad job for your first time in the field and on Television. But, your reaction to the bad reviews? Dude, it's Television and not everyone is gonna like what they see. Honestly, I haven't seen anyone say anything negative about you. You should be thrilled, not angry. You're a TV star now. Criticism comes with the territory. It's not all roses. Quite frankly, I never asked you to think I was anything special. 

Michael; I get why he brought back the scat sample that he did. He said he was "thinking outside the box." I can get behind that. Most of what we do is just that. Heck, lets not kid ourselves, this hasn't been proven yet so regular methods are clearly not doing the job. Even the judges had to know none of them would bring back DNA on their first night. C'mon. 

Did this first episode showcase the best this community has to offer, in terms of research, equipment use, or methods? No. Which is why I am not even sure I would call this anything but a game show. I can't even blame the producers or the crew for the Feral Human comment. Yes, I know this is a television show and much of it is scripted - BUT - if you don't say it, they can't use it. So, now I am just wondering how much of this "I shot and killed a Bigfoot" is really true. You can't blame anyone for thinking this now. Geesh. 

Of course there was the showing of the scared girl. What else do you expect? 

I am a little concerned about the DNA dart guns. Why? I am wondering when someone will hear a loud scream and rush back with a DNA sample of a participant. I truly hope that does not happen. 

There were avid hunters and people from various backgrounds. Okay, I can buy the reason for that. Not sure their lack of experience with Bigfoot research makes them less capable of winning. There were the usual eye rolls, which I noted heavily, early in the show during the indoor meet and greet. One can only wonder when the real "stuff" will hit the fan. My DVR shut off before the clips for the next show, but I hear from the reviewers, the "stuff" starts flying in the next episode. So, stay tuned for that as it is so important to the overall premise of the show. 

So, that's what I came away with. Just one more reason to explain to everyone I know (outside this community) why I do what I do.

As always, watch the show for yourself. Make up your own mind. 


Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Matt Seeber said…

    I watched half the show and was completely turned off by it. It was almost like watching "The Bachelorette" with the wife....not because l wanted to but ...well, you know.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a liar, thief and a hoaxer. Your opinion doesn't matter.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Melissa Hovey said…

    What about this article was a lie?

    Thief? The photo was sent to me, that has never been in dispute.

    Hoaxer? I have always been upfront and honest about everything. I never took credit for anything. MY story has NEVER changed.

    You couldn't be more obvious. Did spike tell you to shut up publicly so now your too scared to post with your name?

    So your opinion is the only one that matters?

    I wish you all the best. Take care. :)

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    these contestants who "lost" are trying so desperately to make this show a hit so they will have 14 minutes of fame (15 would be better but you suck) this show sucks all reality sucks and I think this show will be the end of the reality show sensation.

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    @anon 8:00. yup.

     

Post a Comment